Poor Food Hygiene Results For Top Wirral Restaurant

March 9, 2014

Wirral council food hygiene inspectors found appalling conditions during an on the-spot visit in January 2013 to one of the area’s top restaurants.

The Sheldrakes restaurant in Lower Heswall, which at the time had been undergoing extensive renovation, was found to have evidence of rodents in the food storage areas and kitchen. There were poor food handling procedures and a lack of hot water.

The restaurant was fined £7,500 plus £3,745.99 costs by Wirral Magistrates Court. Senior environmental health officer, Daniel Dawson, said since the inspection there had been improvements.